Our most capable current generator provides users with the ability to generate highly precise current pulses, making this unit ideal for applications that require a high level of accuracy and repeatability. Advanced safety features provide user assurance.
The Model 508 is designed for airbag and pyrotechnic initiator testing and represents the latest in current pulse generating capabilities with compelling features that provide users with time-saving characteristics of adjustability, simple operation and programmability.
The 508 comes in a 19” 2U form factor as a 2 or 4 channel model with current sensing and resistance measurement capabilities. This unit is ideal for applications that require a high level of accuracy and repeatability.
The 508 also comes with advanced safety and testing capabilities that include remote interlock, pre and post measurements and keyed enable switch so the unit fires only when all safety criteria are met. High functionality, safety and a rapid return-on-investment are the hallmarks of this new fireset for pyrotechnic initiators. The Model 508 provides multiple firing channels: all-fire, no-fire, resistance measurement, DC current, capacitor discharge, Bruceton, Neyer, and high current.
The performance and advanced features of the 508 current pulse generator make it ideal for applications such as air bag deployment testing (squib detonation) or igniter deployment that can be done reliably, safely and with repeatability.
Applications such as air bag deployment testing (squib detonation), igniter triggering or ballistics work can be done reliably, safely and with a high level of repeatability.
• 200 ns Timing Steps
• 6 amps per Channel
• 2 or 4 Channel Outputs
• Benchtop or Rack Mount Design
• Easy Programming Interface
• TTL Sync output to T0
• Safety Interlock
• Integrated 4-wire resistance measurement for each channel with pre and post testing features. Ability to set the mean and upper/ lower limits to determine what construes a resistance fault
• Current and voltage monitor outputs.
• Front and rear sync outputs.
• Safety features including remote interlock and removable keyed enable switch.
• RS232, USB, and Ethernet* computer programming interfaces
(* Ethernet is an upgrade option)